AIR FRYER KETO LOW CARB FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
The best low carb fried chicken ever! This keto fried chicken is so crispy, you won’t believe it. The secret to this air fryer fried chicken is the perfect grain-free breading.
This keto fried chicken recipe is crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
You’re going to love it. My whole family ate it up, and my husband kept asking if I was sure it’s low carb.
IS FRIED CHICKEN KETO FRIENDLY?
Can you eat fried chicken on keto? Unfortunately not regular fried chicken, which is breaded with high-carb wheat flour.
Click on the underlined text below to buy ingredients!
- 2 1/2 lbs Chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pork rinds (2.25 oz)
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried thym
- Stir the coconut flour, sea salt and black pepper in a medium shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds, smoked paprika, garlic powder and thyme.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the coconut flour mixture, dip in the eggs, shake off the excess, then press into the pork rind mixture. For best results, keep most of the third mixture in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to the bowl where you’ll be coating the chicken. That way, it won’t get clumpy too fast.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Lightly grease the metal basket and arrange the breaded chicken on it in a single layer, without touching.
- Place the basket into the air fryer. Cook the fried chicken in the air fryer for 20 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).